The Silver Oak Bottle Tree
Trim up the tree and hang up the lights, the Silver Oak Bottle Tree has arrived!
The Silver Oak bottle tree stands tall in our Oakville tasting room
Every year we kick-off the holidays with a beautiful (and delicious!) Christmas Tree made of Silver Oak wine bottles. Our tree inspires so many questions from you, our fans, that we’d like to share some of our favorite Bottle Tree facts.
- A whole lotta bottles: With 576 750ml bottles and one 6L “tree topper,” the Bottle Tree is made up of a whopping 48 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon – just shy of two barrels.
- Let it glow: Green LED light strips combined with our green glass Cabernet bottles give the tree a bright holiday glow.
- It’s more than just the color green: We recycle used wine bottles from our tasting room to make up the tree. It takes about one month to save enough bottles.
- The elves: It takes a team of five people four hours to assemble the tree. Check out the action below in our time-lapse Bottle Tree video.
- Custom-made form: The rot-iron form, more than 14 feet tall, was custom-made by a local craftsman. It’s so large that it breaks down into three pieces for storage.
Happy Holidays from your friends at Silver Oak! To receive Silver Oak cheer throughout the year, join our mailing list. Have a Bottle Tree question we didn’t answer? Email us at email@example.com
For all things Cabernet, subscribe to our Cabernet Life email.