Wild Mushroom Risotto Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make Wild Mushroom Risotto with this special recipe from our Napa Valley Winery Chef. Pair with wine.
Wild Mushroom Risotto
The earthy aromas of wild mushrooms complement the dark fruit character of our Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
Serves 4-6 / Total Time:
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a large saucepan and keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a deep skillet or medium pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Lightly season with salt and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the same pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon salt and the Sauvignon Blanc and keep stirring until all of the wine evaporates.
- Add ½ cup of the broth and stir constantly until the broth is absorbed by the rice. Repeat this step until all of the broth is used and the rice is tender. The consistency of the rice at this point should be creamy; if it is sticky or dry, add more warm water or stock until it is soft and pourable (meaning, if poured onto a plate, it will run flat and not hold its shape).
- Turn off the heat and stir in the mushrooms, crème fraiche, Parmesan, lemon juice, parsley, and black pepper and taste for seasoning.
- Divide the risotto between shallow serving bowls and top each serving with a slice of brie. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.