Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Find out how to make Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad with this special recipe from our Winery Chef. Pairs well with red wines.
Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad
Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad
Serves 6 / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Cut the Lamb:
- Cut the lamb into cubes and arrange in rows in order to skewer each piece.
Make the Tamarind Glaze:
- Mix all the ingredients into a small sauce pot and place over a medium-high heat.
- Let this mixture simmer until 90% of the liquid evaporates. Be sure to stir frequently.
Make the Quinoa Salad:
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, pour in the quinoa and let boil for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Strain out any excess water and chill the quinoa in the refrigerator until fully cool.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked and cooled, mix in cherry tomatoes, olives, parsley, almonds, and olive oil. Squeeze in the lime juice and then season with salt and pepper.
Grill the Lamb:
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Place the lamb skewers onto the grill to sear the first side for 3 minutes. Flip them over to sear the other side for 3 minutes.
- While the other side is searing, brush the skewers with the tamarind glaze. Flip them back over and glaze that side.
- Continue to flip the skewers over glazing each side over again until the glaze starts to crystalize onto the meat. The skewers should remain on the grill for an approximate total of 9-12 minutes.
- Transfer them to a platter and begin plating the quinoa salad. Transfer a lamb skewer onto each plated salad and enjoy.