Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Find out how to make Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad with this special recipe from our Winery Chef. Pairs well with red wines.
Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad
Serves 6 / Total Time:
- Mix the cubed lamb together with the shallots, garlic, rosemary, parsley, coriander seed, salt, pepper and olive oil and let it marinate for two hours, preferably overnight. Once the lamb has marinated, pierce the cubes with the wooden skewers. Stack each skewer full of lamb cubes.
- To make the Tamarind Glaze, mix all the ingredients into a small sauce pot and place over a medium-high heat. Let this mixture simmer until 90% of the liquid evaporates. Be sure to stir frequently.
- To make the Quinoa Salad, cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. After fully cooked, strain out any excess water and chill the quinoa in the refrigerator until fully cool.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked and cooled, mix in cherry tomatoes, olives, parsley, almonds, and olive oil. Squeeze in some lemon juice and then season with salt and pepper. Give the salad a taste and season with more lemon juice and salt as needed.
- To prepare the lamb, preheat your grill on high. Place the lamb skewers onto the grill to sear the first side. Once this side is seared, flip them over and sear the other side. While the other side is searing, brush the skewers with the tamarind glaze. Flip them back over and glaze that side. Continue to flip the skewers over glazing each side over again until the glaze starts to crystalize onto the meat. Remove from grill and place onto a platter. Serve with quinoa salad and enjoy!