Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Find out how to make Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad with this special recipe from our Winery Chef. Pairs well with red wines.
Tamarind Glazed Lamb Kebabs with Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad
Tri-Colored Quinoa Salad
Serves 6 / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Marinate the Lamb:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the lamb and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Thread the lamb on the skewers and discard the marinade.
Make the Glaze:
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer until reduced by about two-thirds and a thick sauce consistency, about 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
Make the Quinoa Salad:
- Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl, stir to blend, and taste for seasoning.
Grill the Lamb:
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Sear the lamb over direct heat, then turn and baste with the glaze, and sear the other side. Continue turning and basting the lamb until the glaze begins to crystalize and the lamb is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Transfer to a platter and serve with the quinoa salad (or arrange the skewers over the salad).