Salmon Niçoise Salad
Lemon, Rosemary and Sea Salt
Grilled fish pairs well with red wine, and our Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is so food-friendly, it’s a perfect match with this light and fresh salad. If possible, make the dressing one day in advance to allow the flavors to develop.
Serves 4 / Total Time:
Make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, mash the garlic and anchovy to form a paste.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, buttermilk, and mustard and whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare the salmon:
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel and arrange in one layer in a baking dish. Pour the marinade over the fish and turn to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Lightly brush the grill grates with vegetable oil (be careful of flare-ups). Arrange the salmon, flesh-side down, on the grill and cook, with the lid closed, until the fillets release easily from the grates with a spatula, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the filets over and continue to cook to your desired doneness, about 5 minutes more, depending on the thickness of the filets. Remove from the grill.
Assemble the salad:
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl, add 1 to 2 tablespoons dressing, and toss to coat. Spread the lettuce on a serving platter.
- Place the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, and olives in the same bowl, add ½ cup dressing and toss to coat. If desired, add more dressing to taste.
- Mound the vegetables over the lettuce. Arrange the salmon over the vegetables and garnish with the eggs. Serve immediately.