Sage-Zucchini Bread Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make this simple Sage-Zucchini Bread recipe from our California winery Chef for an easy food and Cabernet Sauvignon wine pairing recipe.
This simple zucchini bread is yummy all by itself or toasted with butter. To make a sweet yummy dessert, remove the sage, double the sugar and add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and ½ cup of coconut!! Yummmmmmy!
1 loaf / Total Time:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan by rubbing with butter, or non-stick spray.
- Place all the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, in a large mixing bowl and mix together by hand with a wire whip.
- In a separate bowl place the sugar, sour cream, olive oil and eggs. Mix together with the wire whip and continue whipping for 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add this egg mixture, pumpkin seeds, and zucchini to the flour mix. Gently mix everything together until all the ingredients are fully incorporated into a pourable batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, then bake in the oven for 60 minutes; or until a toothpick can be pulled out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, and then flip the pan over to pop out the bread. Let cool on a rack for an additional 30 minutes before enjoying.