Herb Roasted Prime Rib Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini The Herb Roasted Prime Rib recipe is an excellent holiday dinner party main course that pairs perfectly with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Pinot Noir wine.
Herb Roasted Prime Rib
With Truffle Cheese Popovers
Serves 6 / Total Time:
- Coat the prime rib roast with the Herb-Dijon Marinade and let marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, preferably overnight. Remove the roast from refrigerator two hours before placing in the oven.
- Mix the parsley, rosemary, sage and olive oil together.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Thoroughly rub entire surface of the roast with sea salt and black pepper. Place roast onto a steel rack and into a roasting pan in the oven. Cook the roast for 1½ hours. Check the internal temperature of the roast. Once roast reaches 90°F, baste the roast with herb-olive oil mixture every 15 minutes.
- Continue to cook the roast until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes. (at this point you can increase the oven temperature and start the popover recipe)
- Once the roast has rested, slice and serve with Truffle Cheese Popovers and Beef Jus.