Herb Roasted Prime Rib
With Truffle Cheese Popovers
This spectacular roast is worthy of any occasion and pairs perfectly with our Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon.
Serves 6 / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Prepare the Roast
- Coat the roast with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the roast from refrigerator two hours before roasting.
- Mix the oil, parsley, rosemary, and sage in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Thoroughly season the entire the roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan and transfer to the oven.
- Cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches 90°F, about 90 minutes, then baste the roast with the oil mixture.
- Continue to roast the meat until the internal temperature reaches 125°F, 30 to 45 minutes more, basting with the oil every 15 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes while you make the popovers.
Make the Popovers
- Increase the oven temperature to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin with olive oil and place in the oven.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks and whites in separate bowls.
- Add the milk, flour, and salt to the yolks and mix thoroughly. Fold in the cheese.
- With a wire whisk, whip the egg whites until light and frothy then gently fold into the flour mixture. Pour the batter into the tin and bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
Carve the prime rib into slices. Serve with the pan juices and popovers.