Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make an exceptional Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut recipe from the Silver Oak Winery Chef, Dominic Orsini for a great food and wine pairing idea. American wine and fish pairing, halibut recipe
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
Grilled Escarole and Almond-Raisin Relish
Serves 4 / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Make the relish:
- Bring the wine to a boil in a small saucepan, then add the raisins and remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl and let stand at least one hour (or refrigerate up to 24 hours).
- Drain the raisins and place in a bowl. Add the chives, almonds, oil, lemon juice, and zest and season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Prepare the halibut and escarole:
- Season the halibut filets with black pepper (the prosciutto will add salt). Wrap each filet with two slices of prosciutto.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Cut the escarole into 4 wedges and place in a large bowl. Gently toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and the lemon juice, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place the escarole on the grill and cook until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Arrange the escarole on a platter.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan, then sear the halibut on each side, about 8 minutes, turning as needed. During the last minute of cooking, add the butter and thyme to the pan, and baste the filets with the pan sauce.
- To serve, arrange the halibut on top of the escarole and spoon the relish over and around the filets.