Polenta Fries Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Find out how to make the best Polenta Fries at home with this recipe from the Silver Oak Cellars Winery Chef. Pairs well with Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
Serves 6 / Total Time:
- Brush a 9″x9″ casserole dish with olive oil, being sure to coat the entire bottom and sides of the dish.
- In a medium sauce pot bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the salt and slowly sprinkle in the cornmeal while whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until the liquid returns to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour all of the polenta into the oiled casserole dish. Working quickly with a rubber spatula, spread the polenta evenly over the entire dish to make level. Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until fully chilled and firm.
- Invert the casserole dish with the polenta onto a cutting board, using a rubber spatula to loosen the edges if they stick. Cut the polenta into 3″x ½″ x ½″ fries, and coat each fry with rice flour.
- Heat the canola oil to 375°F in a deep sided sauté pan. Fry the polenta fries in the canola oil until golden brown. Let drain on a wire rack and serve immediately.