Olive Oil Poached Salmon Niçoise Tartine Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make Olive Oil Poached Salmon Niçoise Tartine with a special recipe version from our Winery Chef. American
Olive Oil Poached Salmon Niçoise Tartine
Green Beans, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Eggs and Olive Bread
Makes 6 tartines / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Prepare the salmon:
- Combine the oil, thyme, garlic, and shallot in a small sauce pot and place over low heat until the temperature reaches 200°F. Maintain this temperature during the cooking process.
- While the oil is heating, season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place the fish into the oil and let stand for 8 minutes, then flip the fish and let stand for an additional 8 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and flake the fish into bite-size pieces with a fork, discarding any errant bones. Strain and refrigerate the leftover oil for future vinaigrettes and fish cooking.
Prepare the tartine toasts:
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and place the olive bread slices into the pan to toast on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to mix evenly.
- Spread a generous tablespoon of the aioli on each toast. Sprinkle an equal amount of the crushed potato over each toast and then top with the flaked salmon, dividing it evenly. Arrange the egg slices over the tuna. Spoon an equal amount of the salad on top of each tartine and serve.