Smoked Salmon Pizza Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make Smoked Salmon Pizza with this specialty pizza recipe from our winery chef in Napa Valley at Silver Oak.
Smoked Salmon Pizza
Mascarpone, Dill and Capers
This pizza is more like a flatbread, because all of the toppings are put on the pizza after it comes out of the oven.
Makes two 10-inch pizzas / Total Time:
- Place a pizza stone on the second lowest oven rack and preheat the oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a pizza peel (or lay a sheet of parchment paper on a rimless sheet pan). Place a dough ball on the peel, then lightly flour the top, and flatten, spin, and stretch the dough.
- Bake the pizza shell without any toppings until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating the pizza to ensure even cooking. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board.
- Mix the mascarpone, shallots, dill, and salt in a bowl. Spread half of the mascarpone over the pizza, leaving a ½-inch border at the edge. Layer half of the salmon, capers, onion, and eggs over the cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients.