Roasted Mushroom & Arugula Pesto Pizza
This fresh and earthy pizza, with quick-roasted mushrooms and an easy pesto sauce made with peppery arugula, pairs well with our Silver Oak wines
Makes two 10-inch pizzas / Total Time:
Make the pesto:
- Roughly chop the arugula by hand and place in a food processor with the olive oil, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Process until smooth.
Roast the mushrooms:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Combine the mushrooms, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mushrooms on a rimmed sheet pan and roast until they are tinged golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and cool to room temperature, then toss with the lemon juice and zest.
Assemble the pizza:
- Place a pizza stone on the second lowest oven rack and preheat the oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a pizza peel (or lay a sheet of parchment paper on a rimless sheet pan). Place a dough ball on the peel, then lightly flour the top, and flatten, spin, and stretch the dough.
- Spread half of the pesto over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border uncovered around the edge. Arrange half of the mushrooms over the pesto. Scatter half of the cheese evenly over the pizza.
Bake the pizza:
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza 180 degrees and turn on the oven broiler. Continue to bake the pizza until the crust is crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- While the pizza is baking toss the remaining arugula, parmesan shavings, olive oil, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Season with salt and aside.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately brush the crust with oil and place the arugula salad on top.