Potato-Rosemary Pizza Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make Potato Rosemary Pizza with Leeks and Teleggio Cheese with this specialty pizza recipe from our winery chef in Napa Valley at Silver Oak. American wine pairing with pizza, homemade pizza recipe, vegetarian pizza
Leeks and Taleggio Cheese
The classic combination of roasted potatoes and melted soft rind cheese creates a rich and rustic pizza fragrant with rosemary.
Makes two 10-inch pizzas / Prep Time:
Make the soffritto:
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, leeks, onion, and rosemary, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks and onion are soft, translucent, and slightly oily, about 5 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
Cook the potatoes:
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and add water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon salt and bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the potatoes to a plate to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, crush each potato with the palm of your hand, then break the potatoes into coarse pieces.
Assemble the pizza:
- Place a pizza stone on the second lowest oven rack and preheat the oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a pizza peel (or lay a sheet of parchment paper on a rimless sheet pan). Place a dough ball on the peel, then lightly flour the top, and flatten, spin, and stretch the dough. Spread half of the soffrito over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border uncovered around the edge.
- Arrange half of the potatoes over the soffrito. Lightly brush the potatoes and with oil and season with salt. Scatter half of the cheese evenly over the pizza.
Bake the pizza:
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza 180 degrees and turn on the oven broiler. Continue to bake the pizza until the crust is crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately brush the crust with oil. Let the pizza stand for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges. Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients.