Garden Zucchini Pizza Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make your own Garden Zucchini Pizza with Garden Herb Pesto, Squash Blossoms, Almonds & Goat Cheese from the Silver Oak Napa winery chef.
Garden Zucchini Pizza
Garden Herb Pesto, Squash Blossoms, Almonds, Goat Cheese
Makes two (10-inch) pizzas / Prep Time:
Assemble the pizza:
- Place a pizza stone on the second lowest oven rack and preheat the oven to 500°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a pizza peel (or lay a sheet of parchment paper on a rimless sheet pan). Place a dough ball on the peel, then lightly flour the top, and flatten, spin, and stretch the dough. Spread half of the pesto over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border uncovered around the edge. Arrange half of the mozzarella over the pesto. Top with half of the zucchini and half of the goat cheese.
Bake the pizza:
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate the pizza 180 degrees and turn on the oven broiler. Continue to bake the pizza until the crust is crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately brush the crust with oil. Scatter half of the squash blossom and half of the almonds over the pizza. Let the pizza stand for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients.