Basil Pesto Pizza Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make Basil Pesto Pizza with this special recipe from our Napa Valley Winery Chef. Pair with wine.
Basil Pesto Pizza
Mushrooms, Corn, Cherry Tomatoes
Makes two 10-inch pizzas / Prep Time: / Total Time:
Assemble the pizza:
- Have the dough ready. Place a pizza stone on the second lowest oven rack, raise the oven temperature to 500°F, and preheat the oven for at least 30 minutes.
- Generously flour a pizza peel. Place a dough ball on the peel, then lightly flour the top, and flatten, spin, and stretch the dough.
- Spread half of the pesto over the pizza, leaving a ½ inch border uncovered around the edge. Arrange half of the mushrooms, half of the corn, and half of the tomatoes onto the pesto, then sprinkle half of the mozzarella on top.
Bake the pizza:
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is crisp and golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and immediately brush the crust with oil. Let the pizza stand for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges. Repeat with the remaining dough and ingredients.
Watch Chef Dominic Prepare This Recipe
Find this and other delicious recipes in The Silver Oak Cookbook: Life in a Cabernet Kitchen.