Edamame, Asparagus and Peas Salad Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Learn how to make this delicious edamame asparagus and peas sald American
Edamame, Asparagus and Peas Salad
Pickled Red Onion & Cotija Cheese
The salad works best with fresh peas and asparagus but feel free to substitute frozen edamame and peas if they are unavailable locally.
Serves 6 / Prep Time: / Total Time:
- Combine the onion and vinegar in a small bowl and stir to submerge the onion. Let stand for 2 hours or refrigerate up to overnight.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and submerge in the ice water to cool completely. Drain the asparagus again and blot thoroughly dry with kitchen towels.
- Transfer the asparagus to a bowl along with the edamame and the peas.
- Drain the onions and add to the bowl. Add the cheese, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl and garnish with micro greens if available.