Cherry - Merlot Cranberry Sauce
Recipe Serves 6 portions, total time:
- 12 oz bag cranberries, fresh
- 1 cup cherry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Twomey Merlot
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon juniper berry
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz frozen Bing cherries
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Place the cherry juice, orange juice, Merlot, cloves, juniper berry, and sugar in a sauce pot and boil until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Strain the liquid into another sauce pot and add the cherries and cranberries. Bring back to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Taste and balance the sweetness and acidity of the cranberry sauce. Add sugar or lemon juice if needed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.