Candied Madeira Nuts Silver Oak Winery Chef Dominic Orsini Follow this special winery Candied Madeira Nuts recipe from the Silver Oak Winery Chef in Napa Valley for a delightful treat to pair with Cabernet Sauvignon.
Candied Madeira Nuts
This recipe is great when made with pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts.
Makes 2 cups / Total Time:
- Toast the nuts on a cookie tray in a 325°F oven until lightly browned, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- While nuts are toasting, stir together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine Madeira, vanilla, brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Stir in toasted nuts and continue to cook while stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, about 1½ minutes, until nuts are shiny and almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer glazed nuts to the bowl with the spice mix; toss well to coat. Transfer the glazed and spiced nuts to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper to cool.
- Serve with salads and cheese plates.