Shaved Zucchini Salad
Pumpkin Seeds & Parmesan Cheese
This recipe is a great summer salad to serve on hot days. The zucchini is raw which gives the salad a delicious crunchy texture.
- 8 ounces green zucchini
- 8 ounces yellow zucchini or squash
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the green and yellow zucchini as thin as you can with a knife. Place into a mixing bowl with the pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, basil, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Mix together well and serve.
Serve with fish or as a side dish with dinner.