This simple zucchini bread is yummy all by itself or toasted with butter. To make a sweet yummy dessert, remove the sage, double the sugar and add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and ½ cup of coconut!! Yummmmmmy!
1 loaf, total time:
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, large
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan by rubbing with butter, or non-stick spray.
- Place all the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, in a large mixing bowl and mix together by hand with a wire whip.
- In a separate bowl place the sugar, sour cream, olive oil and eggs. Mix together with the wire whip and continue whipping for 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Add this egg mixture, pumpkin seeds, and zucchini to the flour mix. Gently mix everything together until all the ingredients are fully incorporated into a pourable batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, then bake in the oven for 60 minutes; or until a toothpick can be pulled out clean.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, and then flip the pan over to pop out the bread. Let cool on a rack for an additional 30 minutes before enjoying.