Rack of Lamb
with Ratatouille and Fire-Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
This recipe takes the classic ratatouille and elevates it to a refined version. This easy-to-assemble recipe is perfect for a summer meal. Ask your butcher to french your rack of lamb.
Recipe serves 6 portions
- 3 each racks of lamb, French-cut by your butcher
- 1 cup Herb-Dijon Marinade (see recipe)
- ¼ cup canola oil
Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups green zucchini, diced large
- 2 cups yellow squash, diced large
- 1 cup onion, diced large
- 2 cups eggplant, diced large
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 12 basil leaves of basil, torn into bite size pieces
Marinate the Lamb
- Cut each lamb rack in half so you have 6 racks in total. Coat each rack in the Herb Dijon Marinade and let soak for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Make the Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- Roast the tomatoes on your grill’s highest setting. Be sure to rotate frequently to char the whole tomato black.
- Place roasted tomatoes into a food processor with the olive oil, sherry vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth. Reserve warm.
Cook the Lamb
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan on high heat. Remove the lamb racks from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Sear each lamb rack until golden brown, then place onto a tray and into the oven to cook for 5-10 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached. Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 425°F.
Make the Ratatouille
- In a large mixing bowl combine the zucchini, squash, onion, eggplant, olive oil to coat, salt and pepper. Transfer to a cookie tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes, until vegetables have cooked through and turned lightly golden in color.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and place in a mixing bowl with the fresh basil and a ¼ cup of the roasted tomato vinaigrette. Toss well.
- To serve, spoon a single serving of ratatouille onto each plate. Slice each lamb rack into 3-4 slices; place on plate. Finish with a little bit more of the roasted tomato vinaigrette.