Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
Grilled Escarole & Almond-Raisin Relish
Serves 4, total time:
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins
- 4 tablespoons almonds, toasted and chopped
- 1 bunch chives, sliced thin
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 head of escarole
- 4 halibut filets
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices of prosciutto
For the Relish:
- In a small sauce pan bring the white wine to a boil, add the golden raisins and remove from the heat. Let the raisins soak in the white wine over night in the refrigerator.
- Strain the wine from the raisins and mix them with the almonds, chives, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and zest. Season this mixture with salt and pepper.
For the Halibut:
- Season the halibut filets with salt and pepper. Wrap each piece with two slices of prosciutto.
- Preheat your grill to its highest setting. Cut the escarole into 4 wedges, toss with olive oil, remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Place the escarole on the grill and cook 1 minute per side. The leaves should me slightly charred black. Assemble the escarole onto a platter.
- Heat a non-stick sauté pan on high heat. Once hot add a tablespoon of oil. Place the halibut filets in the pan and sear each side for four minutes. Depending on how thick your filets are you may need to finish them in a 350°F oven for a few minutes.
- Once the halibut is cooked through, place on top of the escarole and sprinkle with the raisin relish.