Roasted Mushroom & Arugula Pesto Pizza
Makes 4 each, 10" Pizzas, total time:
- 8 ounces arugula
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound mushrooms (oyster, cremini or portobello)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 recipe Silver Oak Pizza Dough
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Roughly chop the arugula by hand and place into a blender with olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Blend on high until smooth. Add a couple splashes of water if the mixture is too thick. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the mushrooms into bite size pieces. Coat lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool to room temperature. Toss with lemon juice and zest.
- Prepare your wood or home oven and spin the pizza dough to the desired thickness (see Silver Oak Pizza Dough recipe).
- Spread the arugula pesto onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch space around the outer edge. Sprinkle with the roasted mushrooms and cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza and serve immediately.