Leeks and Teleggio Cheese
Makes four 10" pizzas
- 3 leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 small Red Bliss potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 small purple potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 recipe Silver Oak Pizza Dough
- 8 ounces Teleggio cheese
- Prepare the leeks by cutting off the roots and tops (where the stem turns from white to green) and discarding. Cut leeks in half down the center, length-wise. Rinse under cold running water, pat dry and slice into half-moons.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over low heat. Add leeks, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the leeks are soft. When the leeks begin to brown turn your heat down further. Once fully cooked, season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and cool.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Place the sliced potatoes into the water and boil for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse potatoes under cold water until cool enough to handle. Season with salt and pepper, add the chopped rosemary, and gently toss with enough olive oil to keep them from sticking to one another.
- Prepare your wood or home oven and spin the pizza dough to the desired thickness (see Silver Oak Pizza Dough recipe).
- Spread the leeks onto the dough, distributing evenly. Layer 5-8 potatoes slices over the leeks. Top the potatoes with small pieces of Teleggio cheese.
- Bake the pizza. Serve immediately.