Truffle Cheese Popovers
Makes 12 popovers
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Sottocenere or truffle cheese, grated (dry Jack can be substituted)
- Olive oil to grease muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place into two separate bowls.
- Add the milk, flour and salt to the egg yolks; mix thoroughly. Fold in the cheese.
- Grease a muffin tin with olive oil and place into the oven.
- With a wire whisk, whip the egg whites until light and frothy and gently fold into the base mixture
- Once the muffin tin is hot, pour the batter into the tin and return to the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I recommend serving these with Roasted Prime Rib.