Lemon and Parsley
- 24-30 baby artichokes
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Clean the artichokes by removing the green leaves and peeling the green stem, leaving only the yellow flesh and heart. Cut each artichoke into 4 wedges. If the center is prickly, cut away and discard along with the green skin. Add 1 cup of white wine vinegar to a gallon of cold water and soak each artichoke in the water as it's peeled.
- Strain the water away and transfer artichokes to a roasting pan. Toss with the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the artichokes are fully cooked and tender, remove from the oven and finish with lemon juice, zest, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.