Herb Roasted Prime Rib
with Truffle Cheese Popovers
- 1 4-6 pound prime rib roast, trimmed to “roast ready” by your butcher
- 2 cups Herb-Dijon Marinade (see recipe)
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 recipe Truffle Cheese Popovers
- 1 recipe Beef Broth (follow Beef Jus instructions in Chef's Note)
- Coat the prime rib roast with the Herb-Dijon Marinade and let marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator, preferably overnight. Remove the roast from refrigerator two hours before placing in the oven.
- Mix the parsley, rosemary, sage and olive oil together.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Thoroughly rub entire surface of the roast with sea salt and black pepper. Place roast onto a steel rack and into a roasting pan in the oven. Cook the roast for 1½ hours. Check the internal temperature of the roast. Once roast reaches 90°F, baste the roast with herb-olive oil mixture every 15 minutes.
- Continue to cook the roast until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached. Remove from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes. (at this point you can increase the oven temperature and start the popover recipe)
- Once the roast has rested, slice and serve with Truffle Cheese Popovers and Beef Jus.