- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 cups canola oil for frying
- Brush a 9″x9″ casserole dish with olive oil, being sure to coat the entire bottom and sides of the dish.
- In a medium sauce pot bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the salt and slowly sprinkle in the cornmeal while whisking constantly. Continue to whisk until the liquid returns to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pour all of the polenta into the oiled casserole dish. Working quickly with a rubber spatula, spread the polenta evenly over the entire dish to make level. Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until fully chilled and firm.
- Invert the casserole dish with the polenta onto a cutting board, using a rubber spatula to loosen the edges if they stick. Cut the polenta into 3″x ½″ x ½″ fries, and coat each fry with rice flour.
- Heat the canola oil to 375°F in a deep sided sauté pan. Fry the polenta fries in the canola oil until golden brown. Let drain on a wire rack and serve immediately.